Wednesday 2 May 2012

Tiredness, Heat, Pain and Down Right Ignorance - Rehab: Day 30

I have been so tired this week it's starting to become a bit of an issue. Thankfully I've got the day off to go to the hospital so I can take it easy for most of the day. I over slept this morning but luckily work aren't really bothered what time I get on the phones as long as I'm in the building by 10am. I sat and had breakfast at my desk while arranging my meetings for this afternoon (they all went well btw).

The heat is still an issue for me. I wore a coat out this morning because it was raining but by the time I got to the office I was sweating buckets! And don't get me started about the bus journey into work! I got on a busy bus which was mixed with older people and young people but it clearly states on the bus "please give up your seat to the elderly or disabled people" now fair enough none of the oldies got up but here I am hobbling on to a busy bus with two crutches and a massive limp and no one moves or even offers. I had to stand for the 20 minute bus journey watching and feeling my leg swelling and getting hotter because some healthy people didn't want to stand. Fair enough if they were ill but I'm starting to wonder about society and humanity at the moment. If I don't classify as disabled on a bus then other people haven't even got a chance.

Got a little bit side tracked there, I was talking about the heat... It's making me more dehydrated at the moment which isn't good. I'm still drinking about 6 pints of water a day but not really going to the bathroom an awful lot like I was when it was cold, hence the dehydration theory. I managed to find some cooling tops today but it's mainly my legs that are the issue because of the compression stockings. I'm going to be on the look out for a long skirt to see how that goes instead of trousers.

As for the pain part of that title I've been experiencing pain in my knee caps of all places! I think the pain in my right knee is because I'm putting a lot more pressure on it than normal but as for the left, I'm not sure. I've got a load of questions to ask the hematologist tomorrow so I'll make sure to put up a Q&A later with the results of my appointment.

Talking of appointments, I had my referral letter through for the CFS/M.E department with an appointment in 2 weeks. I've been thinking that I'd rather go to the assessment session and be told that I'll get better once my clotting is fixed, now go away, than to cancel the appointment and find out that I have full blown CFS/M.E and I really need those sessions. Either way I'll know in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment