Sunday 3 February 2013

New Year New Start

First of all I would like to say a huge thanks to all of you who have been stopping by to read my blog and leave comments, I really appreciate it. I haven't been here for quite sometime but that's because I've been writing about a whole bunch of health related topics over on Squidoo and HubPages.

This blog post is really just an update with what's been going on in the last 6 months or so (really nothing too exciting). I'm still on Clexane but my hematologist is thinking about getting my onto Warfarin in the next few months which will be a huge relief because my tummy is so bruised from the injections.

My hair loss is improving and I've started to get some nice growth back. I think I was suffering so much from it due to a combination of Clexane and stress and now that my stress levels are reducing and my body is getting used to the Clexane it's starting to revert to normal.

My weight is still an issue and I'm still overweight by about 50lbs so 2013 is going to be all about the weight loss and getting into a healthy range. In January I managed to lose a few inches and about 2% body fat but I really need to up the intensity a bit and really focus in on my diet. The main motivation being that it will be easier to walk and I will be able to reduce the amount of Clexane I have to take as it is mainly calculated through your weight.

In January I had my IVC Filter removed as my clot has become nice and stable. The procedure meant that I was in hospital for two days and an extra day off work to recovery (that was a nice day off). However, when I went to have the filter out they didn't sedate me this time and it was not a great experience. I was expecting to just feel a tiny tug here and there but it was as if my guts were being pulled up through me and there was a horrible pain in my next but I was strapped down so I couldn't do anything about it. If I have to have that procedure again I'm going to be sedated like the first time.

So, that's pretty much everything that's been going on for the last couple of months really. I'm going to try and get on here more frequently now, at least once a month to give you more updates on what's happening. As normal if you have any questions leave me a comment or e-mail me from the contact us tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment