Tuesday 31 July 2012

Deep Vein Thrombosis Doppler Scan

It's been 8 weeks since my last Doppler Scan and I'm furious with my hematologist! I'm supposed to see him every 6 weeks and I haven't seen him since April 2012. I went back to my GP and she hasn't been able to get hold of him either. I can't fault my GP on anything though, she has been brilliant in organizing my scan, blood tests, and making sure that I'm OK general.

I went to the hospital on Monday to have my Doppler scan and it was really painful the way they did it this time. The technician had to squeeze the veins down to test the blood flow which was fine on my right leg but horrible on the left. I don't think she realized that the left leg femoral vein is completely blocked, either way she had to do her job and test the veins. 

From what I could see on the screen the vein looked the same, there were no new blockages but there also wasn't any new blood flow either which is frustrating. My GP is calling tomorrow with some more details once they've had a chance to look at it.

If you're new to this blog then I'll give some related links so that you can catch up with what's going on:

No comments:

Post a Comment